Friday, September 19, 2014

The 1975


Who doesn't know One Direction? I bet hearing this instantly makes you think of one band member, right? What about 5 Seconds of Summer or The Vamps? But let me give credits to this one band called, "The 1975". It is an indie rock band from Manchester with four band members: Matty Healy, Ross MacDonald, Adam Hann and George Daniel. Although they are already acknowledged as an alternative rock group, they are influenced with diverse genres such as electro-pop, electronic music, guitar pop, R&B, etc. It made me wondered why this band is called "The 1975". When I first heard it, I thought it was ridiculous like a joke that wasn't sold. But here is the reason why this band is called the The 1975: Healy recounts that the name was inspired by the scribblings found at the back of an old Beat poetry book dated, "1 June, The 1975".


"Girls"

"Settle Down"

"Heart Out"



Post a Comment